Sunday, August 10, 2008

A little break.......

I can't believe it has been over a month since I last posted.......just goes to show how fast time can go when you are having a bad time. I've been having a terrible time at work which has been completely and utterly all-consuming (in a dark, evil and terrible way). Things are back on track now though after having almost 3 weeks away from the joint. I'm nervous about going back tomorrow, although Kristy has suggested that I reward myself with something at the end of the day. Sound advice. 

The Melbourne International Film Festival has also been on over the last few weeks. I managed to get to a few, and my favourites were: 

Johnny Mad Dog (France, shot in Liberia) 


The Debt (Israel) 
Jar City (Iceland) 
Cargo 200 (Russia)

I saw Cargo 200 yesterday afternoon. The absolute horror of the story, particularly given that it was based on true events, has made it very difficult to stop thinking about. I would definitely recommend it, even though I found it pretty traumatic. Here is a clip.

Prior to the film however, I did attend the Great Vegan Bake-Off & Launch of Vegan Indulgence . I entered Jaffa Cream Cheese Muffins. There were close to 40 entries, and everyone ate themselves into a sugar-induced stupor. Easy to do when you have vegan baked goods like this in front of you!





  

No comments: