Obviously that would not be enough to satisfy our appetities, so we stopped by Oh Yeah! as we had heard that they did vegan waffles. Both of us were however quite taken with their ice cream mixing contraption. I ordered vanilla soy ice cream, with fresh cherries and chocolate pieces mixed in. This was the delicious result:
Our journey then began to Scranton...what? The Electric City. For those of you who are not fans of the US version of The Office, this may be a good time to stop reading, as this is what our trip to Scranton was solely about. Highlights of our scouring the city were:
- The Anthracite Museum - "you like coal miners and you wanna see 'em? Well check it out yo, the Anthracite Museum"
- The Lackawanna Coal Company Coal Mine Tour - where Michael wanted to "give the troops a bit of a boost" in the industrial coal elevator.
- The Steamtown Mall, with the original "Welcome to Scranton" sign in proud display, as well as many pictures of Bobblehead Dwight.
- Many references to Scranton as "The Electric City"
- The Pen Paper Warehouse building from the opening credits: